Invex Gaming - Gaming Community
change - Printable Version

+- Invex Gaming - Gaming Community (https://invex.gg)
+-- Forum: Entertainment (https://invex.gg/forumdisplay.php?fid=157)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://invex.gg/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: change (/showthread.php?tid=10909)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

change - Forgotten - 08-05-2018

the server rankings have been the lowest they’ve been in a long time, Jailbreak in the  1000’s range when they were once in the top 200, 20-30 players peak time after school. Surf with only 8 players or less, or none at all. Aim above 1200 in rankings?? I know rankings aren’t everything but it gives an indication and statistics, at the moment they aren’t looking too good. 

No i am not here to rant about how the community and Invex as a whole has taken a turn for the worst, but more of a call for change and to revive something that use to, and still can be something great.

Having new players doesn’t mean shit, MAINTAINING new players is what really counts. Have admins encourage new players to join the community, help them as much as they need to be helped. Also why is it a reoccurring theme that not only players, but admins are now saying that their own community is dead, or not going to survive through 2018? Is this a game of who can have the less confidence in their own community, which they spent time and put a lot of effort into? On the topic of admins, why are inactive admins being kept? An admin review should be conducted, I recommended this ages ago, start of this year i’m pretty sure. In substitution for the demoted admins a ‘looking for admins’ announcement should be made, the one like the Trident Priority Gaming admin crisis.
More staff are needed, like i said in shout box the most active head admins should be promoted - Magikarp & @"Lil Bro", in my opinion. We need more decision makers, more people who do applications and advanced forum monitoring. People like a fast forum, not a slow one, people like exciting announcements, events, interactive games (forum games need to be changed more often). 
Invite people that are on your friends list to join the server at random! Have credit events! Anything that’ll make people want to join, everybody loves rewards/gifts, right?
As for punishments, the Ban Guidelines have been a big leap for Invex and removes the argument of admins being bias. nice!
P.s. people seriously needs to stop crying about the amount of kids, they help the community believe it or not.

Everybody thinks too big, everybody wants a new server, they think that’ll revive the community. No. highly doubt Byte has the time to even start thinking about a new server, not while the Surf server is still running at least. It’s simple things like the above that can make Invex what it once was, the Surf that was populated, the Jailbreak server that was in the top #200 in the world, the Aim that was full every afternoon.

I know I’m not in a place to tell people to do things, but if nothing happens at all and everybody is whinging/being negative about Invex being so terrible nowadays don’t expect it to get any better by doing so.

Freedom of speech

RE: change - Beax - 08-05-2018

I agree with everything said above and appreciate you saying them.
More staff, admin cleanup, more forum features/games. Everything said above should be done and considered.
+1

"Have admins encourage new players to join the community"
Wink ty

RE: change - Leevie - 08-05-2018

amen

RE: change - Aorty - 08-05-2018

agree with it all +123

also, not only is the server going down a bit but csgo as a whole is as you say 'dieing'
therefore leading to less players i think its improved as a whole with all these new guidelines and suggestions since november 2017 and that was quite a peak

RE: change - Simon - 08-05-2018

They reminisce about old times.

RE: change - CHEF - 08-05-2018

why is the surf server still running? in the invex in 2018 thread (or whatever it was called) byte said he was likely going to shut it down because it didnt have enough players. well we're 5 months in and nothings changed. transfer the admins to aim if they want it, or jb if they know the rules well enough. dont see why funds are being wasted on a dead server, and a new one shouldnt be added unless its a completely new idea, one that hasnt been done alot/at all, or something thats reliable and brings in new community members (not just players) and a bit of cash, like aim does.

i know i have no right to say anything on the matter. i have no idea how the server runs, i havent been on it in months or even touched a computer, but it doesnt take a genius to know when somethings dead. i like to make jokes about the community being dead, although its obviously far from it vip donations are any indicator. and i dont see why those are being wasted on a server that hasnt been full in probably a year.

i know this isnt in suggestions (although i think it should be honestly) and like i said i dont have much of a say, just wanted to put my two cents in. pce

RE: change - Crona - 08-05-2018

Tick , Byte just bring anime section and we should get more people coming on

RE: change - Kinq - 08-05-2018

+1 yes

RE: change - zac - 08-05-2018

People are going to say Forgotten has no right to criticise the server because of the recent events,
But I'm really glad someone finally said this, the servers have been a mess lately and if it keeps going at this rate, there will be very few active players left.

RE: change - DJC - 08-05-2018

Forgotten Beax zac Crona @"Seer" CHEF Simon @"Sausage" 

Nah I say let it die